HealthyLifestyle4All campaign launches in September with Pledge Board
Due to be launched on 23 September 2021, the new HealthyLifestyle4All (HL4A) initiative is designed to link sport and active lifestyles with health, food and other policies.
Following the Tartu Call for a Healthy Lifestyle, Healthy Lifestyle 4 All is a two-year campaign which showcases the Commission’s commitment to promoting a healthy lifestyle across generations and social groups.
HL4A is driven by the knowledge that everyone can benefit from activities that improve health and well-being.
To increase uptake, share ownership and broaden its outreach, the European Commission is inviting co-creators to help design the HL4A initiative.
Representatives of sport organisations, civil society, international, national, regional and local authorities, are invited to join in the co-creation of the initiative to promote healthy lifestyles amongst generations and across social groups.
There are 3 pillars to the HealthyLifestyle4All initiative
- awareness - improved awareness of healthy lifestyles across all generations
- access - easier access to sport, physical activity and healthy diets. HL4A has a special focus on inclusion and non-discrimination to reach disadvantaged groups
- holistic approach - HL4A is about teaming up in an holistic approach to food, health, well-being and sport
An important attribute of HL4A is openness. It is open to civil society, including the sport movement and beyond, national (ministries), local and regional authorities and international bodies.
Pledges showcase concrete contributions to the HealthyLifestyle4All initiative. Every participant will have their own ideas and objectives, but there are some common characteristics to the pledges.
The HealthyLifestyle4All pledges should aim to
- add value within one of the 'three pillars'
- demonstrate the power of making a collective contribution to promoting a healthier lifestyle, encouraging synergy and cooperation
- call for new activities or policy initiatives, or revitalise existing initiatives/policies to promote healthy lifestyles
- preferably focus on a specific target group in a country or countries or be to the benefit of society at large
- be launched and implemented - partially or in full - during the lifespan of the initiative (2021-2023)
- launch of HealthyLifestyle4All
On 23 September 2021 in Bled, Slovenia, Commissioner Gabriel will open the invitation for the contribution of pledges by officially launching the HealthyLifestyle4All initiative in conjunction with the opening of the European Week of Sport.
The launch will take place in the presence of the major European and international sport organisations and national sport authorities.
During the launch, an initial series of pledges will be presented.
Organisations who want to take part in the HealthyLifestyle4All initiative will be able to make pledges on the Commission’s Sport website.
Stakeholders will have access to a pledge board where they can upload and publish their own initiatives. Each initiative will be validated and shared on the Sport website.
The Sport site pledge board will be launched by Commissioner Gabriel on 23 September 2021.
Follow the link to learn more about the Tartu Call for a Healthy Lifestyle