As a follow-up to the Tartu Call for a Healthy Lifestyle, the HealthyLifestyle4All is the European Commission’s two-year campaign that aims to link sport and active lifestyles with health, food and other policies.
It showcases the European Commission’s commitment to promoting healthy lifestyles for all, across generations and social groups, noting that everyone can benefit from activities that improve health and well-being.
To promote a broad outreach, uptake and ownership of healthy lifestyles across society, the European Commission wishes to involve sport movements at national, European and international level; state authorities (ministries), cities & regions (local governments) and civil society organisations of the EU Member States, the Erasmus+ programme countries, the Eastern Partnership and Western Balkans countries.
The main features of the HealthyLifestyles4All initiative
- Increased awareness of a healthy lifestyle across all generations
- Easier access to sport, physical activity and healthy diets, with special focus on inclusion and non-discrimination to reach disadvantaged groups
- Teaming up for a holistic approach to food, health, well-being and sport
Openness to civil society
Including the sport movement and beyond, national (ministries), local and regional authorities and international bodies.
An online Pledge Board
Which will collect pledges and will be visible on the Commission’s Sport Website.
What is a pledge?
A pledge is a voluntary commitment by an organisation or institution to carry out an initiative, activity or campaign to promote healthy lifestyles for all, across generations and social groups.
A pledge may consist in an original initiative or a new addition to an already existing activity to be launched during the time of the campaign.
The ultimate aim of a pledge is to showcase a concrete contribution to HealthyLifestyle4All.
The HealthyLifestyle4All pledges should aim to
- create added value within one of the three pillars
- encourage synergy and cooperation, demonstrating the power of making a collective contribution to promoting a healthier lifestyle
- include a call for new activities or policy initiatives, or reinvigorate existing initiatives or policies that help promote healthy lifestyles in society
- target either society at large or focus on a specific target group in a country or countries
- be launched and implemented - entirely or in part - during the lifespan of the initiative (2021-2023)
HealthyLifestyle4All pledge launch
Commissioner Gabriel officially launched HealthyLifestyle4All during a high-level seminar on 23 September 2021 in Bled, in presence of the major European and international sport organisations and national sport authorities.
On that special occasion, Commissioner Gabriel invited sport organisations, civil society, international, national, regional and local authorities, to join in the co-creation of the initiative to promote healthy lifestyles amongst generations and across social groups.
Now it is your turn! Join the initiative with your commitment and contribute to a more active and healthier society by submitting your pledge.